DESTINY FULL CONTACT FIGHTING
We have two variations of Full contact fighting:
- Sport Full Contact (ISKA Kickboxing/Low Kick/MMA)
- Full Contact Low Kick (ISKA Low kick)
SPORT FULL CONTACT [Full Contact to the Body, Semi or Light contact to the face]
Sport Full contact (Stand Up & MMA) was designed and implemented into our events to allow competitors to be part of and experience a degree of full contact fighting without the concern of sustaining head or facial injuries. Some people think this is a pretensive division. Nothing can be further from the truth. Instead what you get is two competitors going toe to toe throwing more combinations with more consistent force in one round than you find in most 3 round full Contact bouts. In the Full Contact bouts there is an awareness of each other knowing and understanding that the match can be ended with 1 punch. This causes almost all bouts to slow down and for competitors to be more selective when to attack and without doubt more aware of the need to control distance and defensive tactics. Because these concerns do not apply to Sport Full divisions, competitors feel much more confident and less hesitant to throw more combinations more often. We sometimes find the same in Light contact divisions (Continuous) which has the highest rate of disqualification at our tournaments. The rules for Sport contact are simple. Strike as hard as you want to the body and legs (some divisions allow knees & low kicks as well) but only semi or light contact is allowed to the face. You have to balance your ratio of body/face strikes (this is not a Kyokushen division where you only strike to the body ) you have to utilize strikes to the face at all times. Dominance, aggression and good technique are required to beat your opponent.
FULL CONTACT [Full Contact to the Body & face]
Self Explanatory. Full Contact to body and face with low kicks and knees to the body permitted. No Elbows.
WHO CAN ENTER:
- Sport full contact (14 to 16 years old) Full contact to the body, Semi (Touch) to the face only. NO LOW KICK OR KNEE ALLOWED.
- Sport Full Contact Low Kick (17 and 18 years old) full contact to the body, Semi (Touch) to the face (no head movement or penetration) WITH LOW KICKS AND KNEES TO THE BODY ONLY.
- MMA SPORT FULL: No juniors are allowed to compete in Sport full MMA.
- Sport Full Contact Low Kick Junior division (17 and 18 years old) full contact to the body, Semi (Touch) to the face (no head movement or penetration) WITH LOW KICKS AND KNEES TO THE BODY ONLY.
- Sport Full Contact Low Kick Senior division (19 & older) full contact to the body, Light to the face (no head movement or penetration) WITH LOW KICKS AND KNEES TO THE BODY ONLY.
- Full Contact Low Kick Senior division (19 & older) full contact to the body, Full contact to the face WITH LOW KICKS AND KNEES TO THE BODY ONLY.
- MMA SPORT FULL: Sport Full Contact MMA Senior division (18 & older) full contact to the body, Semi (Touch) to the face (no head movement or penetration) WITH LOW KICKS AND KNEES TO THE BODY ONLY.
You may utilize low kicks and knees whilst in a stand up position. Once one of both opponents are on the ground NO KICKS AT ALL ARE ALLOWED but you may utilize KNEES to the body only as long as you have hands on your opponent. You cannot for instance come flying into your opponent from a stand up position using a knee strike.
AGE CLAUSE EXPLAINED: Throughout NMA/ISKA divisions all competitors up until the age of 17 are classified as juniors anyone 18 to 35 Seniors, older than 35 is veterans. With Full contact or Sport Full contact ISKA Kickboxing only (not MMA) the age is adjusted so that the earliest age accepted to be able to compete with adults will be 19 years. We feel that a 17 or 18 year old simply is not yet ready for such combat and would therefore rather combine them in order to protect but still offer an opportunity to participate in sport full contact divisions. Therefore it is the only division where we combine one junior age group with one senior age group namely 17 and 18 years of age.
- ALL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT INCLUDING HEAD GUARDS ARE COMPULSORY FOR ANY SPORT OR FULL CONTACT DIVISION. MMA HEAD GUARDS/GLOVES CANNOT BE USED FOR ISKA CONTACT EVENTS AND VISA VERSA.
- EACH COACH / CORNER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR HAVING ALL NECESSARY ITEMS NEEDED TO ATTEND TO THE FIGHTER INCLUDING SPIT BUCKET AND TOWELS TO CLEAN UP THE RING.
PROCEDURE TO PARTICIPATE IN ANY SPORT OR FULL CONTACT DIVISION
- 1.Complete the attached form
- 2.Bring original form [copies will NOT be accepted] to the venue of the tournament you are entering.
- 3.Ensure if competitor is under 21 that a Parent or guardian signs it as well as the competitor regardless of age. If there is missing signatures on the document you will not be allowed to participate. No coach is allowed to “replace” parental consent and no telephonic confirmation will be accepted. If the form is not 100% correctly completed, you will have ZERO chance of competing.
- 4.If you compete in Full(not sport full stand up or MMA light) you need to obtain a medical and blood tests by your local GP.IMPORTANT: This is will only be implemented from January 2014 onwards. You therefore do not need it for Destiny 8.
- 5.All competitors for Sport or Full contact must be cleared by the tournament doctor at the venue. If the tournament physician does not clear you, you will not be able to compete in any Sport full or full contact division. (No refunds or swopping divisions will be allowed or take place)
- 6.All competitors still need to fill in a DESTINY waiver in conjunction with this Indemnity form.
- we will NOT accept any entry into any Full Contact division at the tournament. All full Contact entries must be done through Pre registration (electronic versions) and must be emailed back to us no later than September 13th. NO EXCEPTION!
- ALL competitors taking part in ANY Sport Full or Full Contact division must be cleared by the Doctor at Destiny. There is ONLY one time slot for this medical and it will be Saturday morning 8am till 9am. If you miss it, you will NOT be able to compete. BE EARLY!