NMA SELF DEFENSE RULES
Professional Martial Arts uniforms, as defined in the Rule Book, are required for all competitors and assistants, no exceptions! Description: Pre-arranged self-defense scenario against up to four attackers.
Scoring Criteria: Scoring will be based on:
- Realism: Are the attacks authentic and threatening?
- Effectiveness: Would the defenses really work under the circumstances presented?
- Difficulty: How challenging are the attacks and how sophisticated are the counters?
Please note that higher scores will be awarded to Self Defense competitors whose multiple attack scenarios are performed in a continuous presentation.
- Variety of technique: How many different strategies or principles* are implemented and are skills demonstrated from a number of different martial arts systems** (* blocking, avoiding, trapping, off-balancing, jamming, etc., ** karate, judo, kung fu, ju-jitsu etc.)
- Competitor is limited to four (4) attackers only
- Professional Martial Arts uniforms required for all competitors and attackers
- Two (2) minute time limit
- Mats will be provided and performance must remain on the Mats
- No breaking, real weapons, dangerous objects or substances allowed
- In the Adult Black Belt Division, top competitors will compete in the finals on Saturday night for the NMA/ISKA Title.
- USE OF MUSIC IS ENCOURAGED